Apron or other under belly recommendations please

Discussion in 'Grooming & Care' started by Corkgi, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Corkgi

Corkgi Junior Member

I am after some apron or other under belly recommendations please.
    We live out in the sticks and for a good 6 months every year the roads are filthy.
    My two Irish Corkgis - they were born in Cork Ireland :) have permanent dirty underbellies.
    hose them down after each run but their undercoats are beginning to get stained and matted.

I want to buy something to keep them clean there seems to be plenty of top coats available but nothing that protect the underbelly and chest area

any Ideas?

2. Louwants

Louwants Senior Member

Find a friend who does sewing and see what you can come up with. Who knows, it may become popular enough to make some money!

3. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

What exactly is a Corkgi and why are they Irish apart from being born in Cork, Ireland. Are you being a bit funny?

You probably want to get something made or bought that is of waterproof and wipe-off or easy-cleaned material and covers the sides, top and underbelly of a dog.

Just Google jackets or practical clothing for dogs. They can be bought on-line. The size you want is probably medium if the choice is small, medium, large and extra large. But this depends what a Corkgi is.

Go to www.dogcoats.net referencing "unlined underbelly dog coat"

4. Corkgi

Corkgi Junior Member

Yes Corkgi is just our play on words seeing as they were born in Cork :)
    They were probably reject stock from one of the many puppy farms there judging by the poor state they were in when we collected them from a local rescue.
    Ours were probably both runts from the litter as well. All of my dogs over the last 35 years or so have come from rescues all have been great pets.

I also have a rescue Beagle originally born at a notorious puppy farm in Warrington Cheshire whose original owners put him up for rehoming when they discovered the so called pedigree certificate they received was fake!