Corgi for Newbie Owner

Discussion in 'General Puppy Discussions' started by Saki Aksaura, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Saki Asakura

Saki Asakura Junior Member

Yes I'm so exited
    yup the first one kinda very fast shot, coz she keep climb me to lick my face hahaha
    Second was after run and play at backyard XD

Pickup kinda disaster, first I arrived at 5am (the schedule I been told) at 6am courier say he just arrive but told me that I was at wrong train station, since dog delivery must be pickup at storage station not the usual depart arrival station
    When I at the storage station, courier say I must wait for the storage cart to be pulled to storage station, even though it's only at back of normal station
    and waiting for more than 1 hour (past 7am) >.< I'm so angry since puppy must wait in storage cart in hot weather, so I ask the station staff and they told me I can go to find my puppy by my self at the storage cart on my own that more faster, so I don't wait the courier any more and go find puppy my self, after find her I go to station staff to sign the delivery paper
    relly angry to the trasport system, but she okay so I'm relief even though she get so dirty waiting in train cart and have to stay with her own waste
    I quikly clean her with baby wipe, since I restrain my self to bath her. I read that I must wait 1 week at least before I can bath her in her new home

2. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

I bet you were in a panic with all the delay and in the knowledge that a puppy could transpire (die) from heat, dehydration and stress.

There is no need to wait anytime at all in order to give her a proper bath with slightly warm water and quality canine shampoo. In general terms Corgis do not need anymore than 2-4 baths a year unless there are specific circumstances that require more bath-times. A great compensation is swimming in clean fresh water - lakes, rivers and streams and a little towelling down soon after.

When the plane had landed at the Wellington airport, We had to wait 30 minutes for our new puppy to arrive at the 'off-loading' area and we thought that was a long time - and before we could meet and greet him, the airport staff at the office had lined up first.

MR likes this

3. Saki Asakura

Yup I'm in panic, but puppy okay so I'm relief
    Today I'm gonna go to vet, to introduce yuna :)

4. Michael Romanos

Don't go to the vet unless you are certain as to what is required in the way of the vaccination programme for your puppy - based on what she has had already, otherwise it is a waste of time and money.

MR likes this

5. Saki Asakura

@Louwants
    Yop I wont give onion or any onion family
    I write I won't cook with s&p and onion, dog safe food cooking
    maybe I will just boil the veggies to be safe, I didn't trust about pestiside in vegetable, better to wash and boil it while to be safe
    sorry if my english wrong, not my native language >.

6. Michael Romanos

A very very small quantity of garlic is excellent for dogs yet garlic is part of the onion family and is toxic to dogs if given too much.

Veggies are best given raw - just rinse with fresh cold water those that need it which is exactly the same that we do for human consumption. And we eat quite a lot of raw veggies (well we do in New Zealand). Carrots are peeled so don't need to be rinsed. Steaming and boiling is second and third best options and only very lightly steam or boil - such as two minutes. Cabbages or the like are best given shredded as is pumpkin which again is not a veggie that is 'treated' with any chemicals. Peas are also not treated as the pod is not given to dogs. Corn is the exception - the more boiled the better as an anti-oxidant.

Of course mushrooms are also toxic to dogs. Don't give dogs tomatoes.

The thing with veggies or any fruit (other than blueberries) is a very little in quantity per meal - never give a dog a 'bowl' of any particular vegetable or fruit. Treat them as supplements only.

MR likes this

7. Saki Asakura

I try to buy fresh blueberry, but it's not common fruits here
    very rare to find blueberry, even high class modern mart here didn't have it

8. Michael Romanos

Blueberries are expensive - perhaps in most countries the most expensive of fruit along with cherries.

However and kind of berry such as strawberry, blackberry, boysenberry. loganberry, raspberry are great in small amounts for dogs though many dogs may not take to the taste.

MR likes this