Corgi pup drastic marking change.

Discussion in 'General Puppy Discussions' started by Barbriella, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Barbriella

Barbriella Junior Member

Hi all, my fiancé and I have a tri-color pembroke who is currently 9 months old. We recently decided to add another furbaby to our happy family. I found a red female that I fell in love with immediately after going to visit her and knew she was the one. Due to distance I haven't been able to see her since she was two weeks old and I am going this weekend to bring her home with me. The breeder has been sending me weekly updates of her and I'm fully aware that face markings change but recently I recieved photos of her and it was a HUGE drastic change. My fiancé and I just want more opinions on if it's the same dog or if the breeder sent me the wrong photos.

View attachment 8812 View attachment 8813 View attachment 8814 View attachment 8815

I just feel like her markings wouldn't change that drastically or maybe I'm just crazy! Any outside opinions would be lovely. :)

Attached Files:

2. Bodhi's Dad

Bodhi's Dad Junior Member

In my humble opinion, those are two different dogs. Just my $.02.

3. Barbriella

Barbriella Junior Member

Thank you! Lol. I didn't want to seem crazy. All last night that's all I could think about. I'm 110% they sent me pictures of her brother.

4. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

The white markings on any Corgi where the white is not the dominate colour (and white should never be dominant), the markings will never change. Anyway never be frightened to consult openly with the breeder - and that you are not is not a good sign because communication is vital both before and after the purchase of a puppy and the good money you are or have spent is part of communication and consultation and honesty and trust and fair and open dealings.

MR likes this

5. Barbriella

Barbriella Junior Member

I contacted my breeder about it. She accidentally sent me the wrong photos of my corgi pups brother, as I previously stated.

6. Michael Romanos

Easily sorted. Maybe you might now prefer the look and coat of the other pup and are able to swap.

MR likes this

7. Barbriella

Barbriella Junior Member

I still love the coat of my Rinoa over her brothers coat. His markings may be symmetrical and he is very adorable as well but I have my heart set on her and have since I held her. Just one of those things where you know your puppy is meant for you I suppose. :)

8. Michael Romanos

Good for you.

On the basis of the photos only, I would choose the male but then again I prefer male Corgis to females. But there are many factors in the choices that are made.

MR likes this