Dogs 101 Cardi segment, anyone?

Discussion in 'General Corgi Discussions' started by Easytimes, May 11, 2011.

1. Easytimes

Easytimes Junior Member

I was so pleasantly surprised while watching... and recording, an episode of Dogs 101, when I saw the final segment was about Cardigans. I was knocked off my recliner to see the kennel mate of my Prada. For those who haven't seen my YouTube videos, she is a soon-to-be four year old blue merle Cardigan with numerous heart warming flaws, as breed standards go.

Anyway, my Prada's kennel mate was a male blue merle Cardigan named Jimmy Choo. He wasn't the feature dog on the segment, but he did get a prominent introductory mention. I caught it all on DVR, and quickly burned it to DVD, so I could have it to watch over and over.

I procured my Prada, and soon after, decided another Cardi would be a perfect fit for our family, so I went back for another... hoping that we could get Jimmy Choo. As luck would have it, Wendy, the lady in the show segment who owned Jimmy, slipped in and took him away to Cape May, NJ with her, and we were able to get Tiger, a red brindle Cardigan who was 12 weeks old at the time... much younger than Prada, but it has been a match made in heaven, both for the dogs and this family.

I was disappointed at first, not to get Jimmy Choo, but seeing him in a really good home brought me such joy, as well as knowing our Tiger has worked out so well for us. It's been a very happy turn of events, to say the least.

Something about these dogs. It's like I've waited this long to be so completely blessed. Every day, when I take them for their walk, it's like a gift that I could never do enough to deserve.
    Charles

2. Jaynie

Jaynie Junior Member

I like the Pembroke's Corgis but I'm a fan of any Corgi. I love the merle color. I have a tri color myself. I just got a license plate frame that reads: Corgi Mobile and I have a bumper sticker that reads: Got Corgi?
    I did see a Dogs 101 but I think it was about the Pembroke breed. I'll have to watch for the Cardigan episode.

3. Louwants

Louwants Senior Member

The only corgi I've seen on Dog 101 has been the Cardi, but I still watched it....it about corgis!!!