I found a flea!

Discussion in 'Grooming & Care' started by Susan&Gus, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Peggy

Peggy Senior Member

Ok, I've found something to give away. I have some extra corgi hair here. Would you like me to send it to you?

Peggy

2. Louwants

Louwants Senior Member

Well, this will probably get me banned.

Michael, you have to understand, that most of your fellow members are from America and Canada. Therefore, we are not as familiar with some of the slang you use. I knew a gentleman several years ago who lived in Australia and New Zealand. It took a while for me to understand his "lingo" but with his help I did.

So, you using your "lingo" and expecting us to understand that, well, (how would that guy say it....oh yeah!). You are being a perfect whacker!!!!!

3. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

In proclaiming that fleas or anything else are not a feature at a particular destination does not mean that they do not exist in that destination - in any English-speaking country including Utah.

"Give it away" can mean 'go away' or 'give up what you are on about'. T think 'go away' fits the bill best here.

Michael Romanos likes this

4. Dillydoodle

Dillydoodle Senior Member

If are are trying to say "go away", then why not say " go away", why use slang that no one really gets....

5. Michael Romanos

Utah is not a country and individually neither are the other 50-odd states of the USA - I was only being facetious. But the way many of the states are at odds with the federal Government and have quite different laws and regulations from each other, you would wonder how cohesive they really are and maybe they are like individual countries. A leading British political observer said that the USA is really 11 countries.

6. Peggy

Peggy Senior Member

It didn't come across that way.

The USA is one country and we are more united than divided. There may be individual groups in some states that are very vocal but over all the states ARE still VERY united.

Yes, we have state laws, but federal law supersedes that.

When you comment on things like this you show how little you really know about the US and/or the 50 states in the US. You'll note I, nor others make comments about NZ as we do not know enough about it to make those kinds of comments.

Peggy

7. Michael Romanos

With that kind of comment. Peggy - you know very little about your own country.

Here is one very recent example - Illegal immigrants are being given licences to drive cars in California even though federal law is against this.

Here is another. The guy who gunned down a couple dozen civilians killing 12 in Washington, got his collection of guns (including an automatic rifle) from a nearby State because it is illegal in his own state for him to own a gun.

8. Frodo's Mom

Frodo's Mom Senior Member

How incredibly inappropriate for a Corgi forum.

9. Dillydoodle

Let's not make this a forum where you try to discuss OUR country's politics. It is inappropriate for a corgi forum... And unappreciated . We do not talk about the flaws in your country mostly because we don't know enough about it, the same way that I am sure you know very little over all about ours. So these are the kinds of opinions you should just keep to yourself...keep in mind the majority of the people left on this forum that participate are from the USA... If you want to discuss politics, I am sure that there is a forum somewhere for that, go there to make your comments...let's keep this about corgis.

Emilie

10. Peggy

Peggy Senior Member

Says you. I'm very confident that I and any other American on this forum know more about the US than you do. I'm also confident that the Canadians on this forum know more about the US than you do.

They're not "licenses", they're "driving privilege cards" and they have them in Utah too. No federal law against it.

Yes, some states have stricter gun laws. There is no federal gun law covering all states. Here in the US we have a "right to bear arms". It's written into our constitution.

And I AM NOT going to get into a gun debate with you. This is not the forum for that.

Peggy

11. Michael Romanos

Here is another, in some States in the USA certain dog breeds are banned or restricted in other this is not so. There is less "unity" than you suggest.

Peggy - you are incorrect about driver's licences. News: California Governor, Jerry Brown said he will sign a bill authorising the Sate to provide driver's licences to illegal immigrants. This is contrary to federal regulations. And as Pres Obama said a few days ago: no other advanced country in the world has gun laws like they have in the USA. And this includes different laws for different States - yet another form of disunity.

MIchael Romanos likes this

12. Frodo's Mom

What is the saying?? Give it away??

13. Peggy

Peggy Senior Member

That doesn't make a country ununited. Yes, Michael, states can make laws regarding many things. But federal law supersedes state laws. There are no federal breed specific laws.

Your statement once again, goes to show how little you know about the US.

Will - so it's not law yet. Well, good for them, if that's what they choose to do. I don't live in CA and I don't vote in CA.

There are no federal drivers license laws. Drivers licenses are up to each state.

I am not getting into a gun law debate with you. You keep trying but I'm not going there. This is NOT the forum for that.

That we have state laws does not show any "disunity". I stand by my statement, the US is more United than you are giving us credit for. You know very little about this country. Very little.

Once again, statements made with little to no research.

Peggy

14. Michael Romanos

I can say that in NZ, any person who becomes inelligible to remain in the country, cannot get a drivers licence nor have his/her licence extended. Seems likes a sound and reasonable law to me.

Unfortunately there is absolute disunity and disharmony in the USA esp from a political viewpoint. It really is in disarray. I am sorry to harp back to the dreaded gun issues - but there were comprehensive and respected polls which resulted in upwards of 90% of the public supporting law changes( automatic assault weapon ban and comprehensive pre-weapon purchase checks) at federal level to affect in the whole country and yet it was thrown out by a majority of one level of politicians in Washington. The current situation in the attempts to prevent approving a budget (raising the debt ceiling etc) so that the Government can govern and put into place what already was decided upon several years ago (public health care) is ludicrous. NZ has had a free public health system for the richest and the poorest citizens since the 1930s and it generally works very very well and in some ways is superior to our private health schemes, facilities and equipment.

15. Dillydoodle

No one wants to have a political discussion here on the corgi forum... And especially not with you on a country you do not live in nor do you really fully understand. Your anti - American sentiment has been noted on this forum many times and has been unappreciated. If you want to debate gun laws and politics, please find yourself a politics discussion forum and go there....please.

Just get back to fleas or corgis or something related to the reason why the few of us left posting actually come here. All this bickering and off topic banter on topics members beg you to shut up about are a few of the major flaws with this forum and why so few people post here. Thank goodness I have other places to post when I actually want to discuss corgis and have a good time doing it. It certainly is not happening here. Are you actually trying to kill this forum?

Emilie

16. Peggy

Peggy Senior Member

This is not the place for a political discussion. I refuse to debate US government, laws or policies on this forum.

Peggy

17. Michael Romanos

Good, Peggy. And stick to your refusal too.

There are 75 breeds of dogs banned or restricted in the USA as per the individual States. On a Federal basis, American Pit Bull Terriers are banned from the military.

Included in this long list are Pugs and Golden Retrievers. Now I find this rather incredible that these two breeds are banned or restricted in at least one of the 50 US States. Only this morning Taylor spent several minutes at a park wit two black coloured Pugs - they are almost without exception in NZ, a well mannered breed of dog and no cause for concern. As for Golden Retrievers - their docility and good looks make them the second or third most popular dog breed in the world. There popularity means there are lots of them and not every Retrievers will have the capacity to tolerate persistent 'torture' by children and adults.

18. Peggy

Peggy Senior Member

I am.

Peggy

19. Dillydoodle

Reporting posts, tired of asking for the political debating to stop. Michael, What does your last post have to do with fleas? Nothing. Please just stop, no one wants to talk politics here. Start a blog or find a forum since no one here wants to engage with you.

Emilie

20. Frodo's Mom

OK Michael, you have got me on this one. In what state are golden retrievers banned?