IABCA and AKC

Discussion in 'Showing' started by Constantina Fasilis, May 19, 2016.

1. Constantina Fasilis

Constantina Fasilis New Member

Hi Corgi people! I just signed up this forum so technically I am new to this and I know it will take some time to get used to this! Anyway, I currently own a female Pembroke Welsh Corgi. She is an International Champion. I plan on getting another show prospect puppy in the fall. I plan on entering her or him in the IABCA and AKC conformation shows.

Has anyone ever show their Corgis at the IABCA? if so how was your experience? :)
    I look forward to hearing your brags! :)

2. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

It probably is very American and only meant for American ears and eyes, but how come you have an "International Champion" Pem Corgi. when the fantastic father of my older Pem was an American, Canadian, Australian and New Zealand Champion having spent time in all those countries to attend the sufficient qualifying shows and gain their individual titles and yet could not be termed an International Champion.
    Fletcher, my nine month old is really at his first show (a non championship one) this coming Sunday because he has only just developed proportionally due to his slightly excessive length.

3. Constantina Fasilis

I think it is good experience for people who is new at showing. I am still learning and only doing this for fun. Fletcher sounds beautiful regardless...

4. Michael Romanos

Constantina - your reply does not elaborate how your lovely Pem has become an "international Champion".

I have had two NZ conformation champions in past years and to gain their championships they needed to win Best male Corgi of Breed in eight different championship shows. One of them had almost enough certificates to be deemed a Grand Champion and he didn't gain his first success until he was three years of age.

5. Constantina Fasilis

International champion:

Tittle is achieved after three IABCA award certificate from an IABCA. These certificate must be awarded by three different judges with at least two of the judges licensed in different countries.

Congrats on your winnings!

Hope this make sense?

6. Michael Romanos

I still don't know where the "international" comes into it. Your Corgi is seemingly an American champ only unless you have utilised another rival organisation to that of the AKC and therefore has a one-up-manship kind of (false) level to that of the norm. Taylor's father was a AKC conformation champion. AKC is affiliated to the international canine association.

7. Constantina Fasilis

If you do not understand how the system work. Here is the infomation.

Www.IABCA.com

8. Michael Romanos

Constantina- you have explained everything. Thanks. IABCA is a rival organisation to that of the AKC and their h championship status is no more internationally recognised than the AKC (perhaps less) . In most other countries there is only one national body 'controlling' shows and other canine sports such as agility. You and your Corgi have done very well because there are so many Corgis in the USA and I bet you came up against a lot of good competition.