In search of Corgi

Discussion in 'General Corgi Discussions' started by Bailey Carpenter, Nov 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bailey Carpenter

Bailey Carpenter New Member

Hello everyone! We are in search of a corgi in the midwest.. It has been an on-going difficulty trying to find one.. we are very interested in a cardigan Corgi and are open to suggestions on where to find them. I have tried contacting several people online with little to no results and/or replies and I'm feeling a little defeated... any suggestions or people you know who have in the past found a cardigan corgi? Thanks!-Bailey

2. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

If you haven't yet Googled: Cardigan Corgis in the USA - I suggest you do so.

My advice is not to restrict yourself to a region or state but take into consideration dealing with excellent breeders who are good communicators and trust in the internet and air freighting and the whole of USA and Canada are your search areas.

Cardis go back 3200 years apart from any influence of Pembrokes from the last 800 years, and so are an ancient historical breed and I don't thnik any other herding breed goes back this far and still can be used proficiently for farming purposes today.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  3. Bailey Carpenter

Bailey Carpenter New Member

I have searched in nearby states, I worry about the air freighting to be honest.. I'd much rather be the one to pick them up, I have contacted about 10 different breeders with only success with 2 answers so far.. and the first just informed me they were no longer breeding... I was just mostly curious if anyone on here still had contact with whom they received their puppies from and could pass along the info. thankyou so much for the reply! I welcome all of them, any reply is better than the stagnant non-replies I've been stuck with lately.

4. Michael Romanos

My last two Pem Corgis arrived at Wellington airport by air where I picked them up and of course there were no problems. One of them - Taylor I had not physically seen before his arrival and the other (Fletcher Evans) I got to get briefly acquainted with some three weeks earlier. What's the trouble with the airlines in the USA?

I would search thru the internet - get onto Cardigan Corgi breeders websites. A breeder being a member of the Cardigan club of the USA is at least a start and though it is not a guarantee it is the first step for the buyer. Probably the chances of a Canadian breeder being more genuine is greater- leastwise that is the case with Pems.

5. Michael Romanos

Take a look at: White Raven Cardigan Corgis. Google the site. They look like the real deal and they are in the USA.