Meet Doug!

Discussion in 'Hello, My Name is...' started by shangayle, Mar 4, 2014.

1. shangayle

shangayle Junior Member

View attachment 8558

Doug is 7 months old and weighs around 19 pounds. My 15-year-old son adopted him after my 17-year-old daughter died in a car accident. Long story, but her nickname was Doug. My son wanted to name his new puppy that. Doug has brought some needed joy into our home. He's a handful, but we love him!

Attached Files:

2. wuzzup

wuzzup Senior Member

Dear shangale, Adopting the dog and naming him after your daughter was a genius move, imo, and Doug's eyes tells me he understands more than both you and I can possibly imagine. Good luck to you and your son!

PS: There are others, here, more breed knowledgeable than I, shangale, but I suspect "Doug" has more Swedish Valhund in him than Corgi. These dogs are far less common than Welsh Corgi Pembrokes or Cardigans (and they are very cool!) No matter...he's beautiful, regardless.

PSS: Looks like the consensus says, Doug is Welsh Corgi Pembroke, shangale. A woman in my neighborhood has a Swedish Valhund with similar coloring and bobbed tail like "Doug". I thought Doug's ears looked more "pointy" (like Valhunds) but maybe it's the lighting in the photo... like I said, earlier, what the heck do I know???? Thanks for sharing your story, just the same!

3. shangayle

shangayle Junior Member

Yes, I love his eyes. There is so much depth to them. I'll have to look up the breed information you talk about. Thank you.

Shannon

4. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

A sad but also uplifting story. I cannot see any recent Valhund in Doug - other than the ancestry that may be common to Pembroke Corgis and Valhunds and the mixing of Cardis with Perms

MR likes this

5. Peggy

Peggy Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, but glad your son has taken in Doug.

I think Doug is a purebred Pembroke Welsh Corgi. I've seen purebred pems with this coloring before.

Peggy

6. Cardiguy

Cardiguy Senior Member

Just love the pictures of Doug on the rug. Good luck and enjoy the ride-corgis are a blast.