Pembroke Corgis on tv

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Michael Romanos, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

Last Night's (Thursday) The Five programme on Fox News had a Corgi in its One Final Thing segment.

One of the Five Republican crazies produced a gift for himself which was a small toy Pembroke Corgi - and he passed it off as though it was an unworthy thing to have and had no answer as to why it was given to him.

Not the best promotion of Corgis. Somehow I was expecting a better reception.

The royal Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (William and Kate) and their baby Prince George are in NZ at present on a 10-day tour and on the first day in Wellington, a Pembroke Corgi was among the spectators (as shown on tv). But the pair are unlikely to follow William's grandmother's The Queen) example and their own young dog is not a Corgi - he is a English Cocker Spaniel named Lupo.

MR likes this

2. wuzzup

wuzzup Senior Member

Yup, as i feared...Island Fever

3. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

I think the world has gone feverish over this royal visit. American tv is lapping it up. Following NZ, the young family are spending a similar amount of time in Australia.

And the Corgi appearing on The Five programme must be a direct (but faulty) reference to the royalty tour of NZ by the princes and princess.

MR likes this