Pet Care Question

Discussion in 'Grooming & Care' started by sweetpuppy, Oct 24, 2016.

1. sweetpuppy

sweetpuppy New Member

1. Hello there. I’m a bit worried about cleaning my dog’s ears. I’ve search through the net and there are some home remedies for cleaning a dog’s ears. But can I know how do you clean your dog’s ears?

2. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

A. I use a baby wipe.

B/ Do not go deep. Just peer inside the ear and if there is any wax that you can see, simply wipe it out as per above. I have seldom needed to clean a Corgi's ear of wax - Corgis usually have ears that don't require much attention but it pays to check your Corgi's ears once a fortnight as a matter of habit. It might be that when they are puppies up to the age of six months they may require the greatest concentration of clearing away wax from their ears.

sweetpuppy likes this.
  3. fromperpig

fromperpig Member

I lift the ear up and away from the head. I use zymox otic as a cleaning fluid. Gently circular-massage. If you hear the "squish", you know you're doing it right. I do this outside because when a corgi shakes fluid out of it's ears, it goes everywhere. When to do the ear cleaning:
    1. "Flapping" of the ears
    2. You can see a black of brown discharge
    3. Smell coming from the ears(s) is bad

sweetpuppy likes this.
  4. sweetpuppy

sweetpuppy New Member

Oh, thank you so much for the tips! :D

5. sweetpuppy

sweetpuppy New Member

This is very helpful, thank you so much for sharing :D

6. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

Dogs with erect ears such as Corgis have far far less problems with their ears than do dogs with floppy ears. Sweet, your dog will need extra attention paid to his ears.