Puppies for sale

Discussion in 'General Corgi Discussions' started by Michael Romanos, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

There has been discussion recently on Go Corgi concerning announcements from time to time through this website, of Corgi puppies available for sale from fellow members.

It is our view that Go Corgi has no problem with members wishing to promote the sale or otherwise of their PURE BRED CORGIS either at the puppy stages or older through the Go Corgi website. This is as long as any selling is done tastefully and has no involvement in a puppy mill situation or Corgi pups channelled through retail outlets such as pet shops. No other breed including cross bred Corgis are eligible to be promoted for sale through Go Corgi.

Our view is that Go Corgi is an appropriate avenue for promoting the sale of Corgis and will actually help to keep unknowing potential buyers from purchasing Corgis from mills and pet shops.

(signed) Stephen - GC Administrator
    Michael Romanos - GC Moderator

2. CorgiMum

CorgiMum Senior Member

I've been wondering, being a new member I haven't 'met' everyone yet. Do we have any AKC, CKC etc breeders with registered kennels that are GoCorgi members?

3. glencorgi

glencorgi Senior Member

AKC only registers kennel names, although they have some kind of new program they've implemented (CHIC) I believe it is called. Given some of AKC's recent political moves and stances, many breeders are a little reluctant to get on board with it and I believe it requires some criteria to be set by parent clubs also.

I am a member of the Cardigan Welsh Corgi Club of America and the Palmetto Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club, which is an affiliate club of the Pembroke Welsh Club of America. As such I have to adhere to the PWCCA's Code of Ethics. I really need to get with some of my mentors about PWCCA membership though - on my to do list. :)

Debbie

4. CorgiMum

CorgiMum Senior Member

I have not kept up my membership with the Pembroke Welsh Corgi Association (Canada). I really should rejoin, also dropped out of the CKC.
    We are making plans to add to our fur family, maybe sometime next year and I've started looking about.

5. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

Barbara - are you interested in importing from New Zealand. As you probably know, there are several really top breeders in NZ and most of them export frequently - but only to approved and recommended people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.