Show all your pets

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Tesrey, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Tesrey

Tesrey Senior Member

We need more participation in this section. I've always had dogs and cats and something else most of my life. I'll post up mine...

On the dog side we have Pete, Brynn, and Smokey.

The two corgis. I talk about them enough so I won't do it more here.

[​IMG]

Smokey. Rescue dog we got from a last chance shelter. He is the oldest dog we have. He didn't live up to what the organization told us, but we made it work and he gets a second chance on life.

[​IMG]

Socks the kitty. My wife always wanted a grey kitty with white feet and we found this guy at a local petsmart (another second chance pet). He is brave beyond measure and fears no one. He is annoying at night (as most cats are) but wants to be around someone at all times. He's a good kitty...

[​IMG]

Last but not least, we have Cinnamon the rabbit. My sons went through about a million hamsters before I/we realized that the less than two year lifespan meant a lot of funerals. He is a great rabbit and the dogs/cat accept him as part of the family/pack. [​IMG]

2. Jane Austen

Jane Austen Senior Member

Thanks for the rundown of the family pets. You are obviously proud of them all. You are right that all our pets need to be recognized. Very handsome group. June

3. Dillydoodle

Dillydoodle Senior Member

Awe, your bunny is adorable. I got to pet sit a rabbit before I got the dogs. I was expecting a wee bunny and this thing was the biggest rabbit I had ever seen. It was bigger than my Maine coon cat by a few pounds. She was in love with the rabbit and slept next to his pen set up which took up 3/4 of our living room lol. I wish I had pictures of that.

I have photos of my other furries but have to post them in a bit. I am off to work ...I will do it there..shhh don't tell the boss lol.

Emilie

4. Dillydoodle

Look at brynn in the snow. So sweet. My two love the snow.

So I am going to make with the photos . I tried doing it from work but was way too busy to take the time to go on line. So here I am.

Here are Dillon and Gus the corgis
    [​IMG]

Ok so here is suki, my almost 16 yr old Maine coon mix kitty, a silly girl who has the loudest snore of any of my pets.
    [​IMG]

And here is Ka-Sea (pronounced "Casey") my almost 14 yr old black smoke Persian kitty. She is a tiny little thing who always looks grumpy but is really a doll.
    [​IMG]

Here is my soul mate kitty Clinton who passed to the bridge in 2005, but is still in my heart and thoughts every single day. He never lived with dogs, he passed 6 months before I got Dillon.
    [​IMG]

Here is my first kitty, my sweet old girl, Misty, who passed in 2006, she is missed here. She was so good with Dillon when I got him. Such a sweet soul with the loudest purr.

[​IMG]

5. TheChubbyOne

TheChubbyOne Senior Member

I've had fishes, bunnies, turtles and hamsters but only have hamsters now to free up time for Chubby.

6. Tesrey

Tesrey Senior Member

Emilie,

Dillon and Gus always take great pictures together. I hope my two get along as well once Brynn grows up. I like the corgi statue that you have by the fireplace, where did you find it?

Suki looks to be in very good shape for almost 16.

Ka-Sea looks like she could win a grouchiest cat contest. ;)

We had two cats that my wife and I got as kittens right after got married. They lived a long time, but passed away about a year before we got Pete. I know she still misses them a lot.

7. Dillydoodle

The statue is from Danbury mint from 2006 I think. It is actually resin not metal. It is cute. I love it.

My boys do get along well. There are few issues between them... Meal time needs to be managed properly to make sure Dillon doesn't pick on Gus. Also if Gus coughs or sneezes a few times, Dillon gets In his face and alarm barks. He gets very upset when he perceive Gus in distress or acting "unusual". This overwhelms Gus and he gets stressed out from that.

I understand where your wife is coming from with the cats. When Clinton passed, I fell apart. He was the first pet I have ever lost. (I didn't have pets growing up, other than goldfish ) it was a really awful time. I still miss him a lot . He was a true one of a kind , special little guy who had a larger than life personality. He left a huge hole in our home and in my heart. 6 months later, we got Dillon. I had always wanted a dog and my husband felt it was time for me and that a puppy might help me heal. In many ways, he was right, Dillon did help.

Emilie

8. froggieb

froggieb Member

Beautiful pets pictures! I have had cats, dogs, rabbits, rats, mice, lizards, snakes, turtles, frogs and a canary. Would dearly love to have a canary again but had to rehome the last one due to DH's allergies. Dash and Comet are enough for us for now and they are becoming quite a team! I love watching them together. Comet is a clown and Dash is a caregiver.

9. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

Dilly's cats look dangerously evil - well at least three of them - But I guess it is only a mirage. I hope the poor Corgis can cope.

10. Dillydoodle

My cats all look evil? Only one has the grumpy face. Of course , since I already know you, I know you hate cats. So of course you think the cats all look evil.
    Clinton is rubbing on the table leg and giving me lovey face. Misty is just hanging out in her queen of the house pose, nothing evil there. Suki is sweet as can be. Not sure how you look at that face and see evil. Either way, not shocked by a rude comment from you.

For those who wonder why I rarely share photos on this forum...THIS is why.

Emilie

11. TheChubbyOne

TheChubbyOne Senior Member

I dislike post #9. Emilie, your cats look wonderful :)

12. Tesrey

Tesrey Senior Member

Don't sweat it Emilie. He is only one person who didn't even bother to read your comments.

I like the pictures and I'm sure everyone else did as well.

13. LaRogue

LaRogue Senior Member

I love that statue, too!! Very nice! I also see that BIG, overflowing toy box by the chair!
    I enjoy your (and everyone else's!) pictures too.

The exceedingly rude comment is probably nothing more than a immature and lame attempt to stir the pot and redirect attention.

All the pictures (and subjects!) look great to me!

14. Dillydoodle

I see you noticed the toy box... that is one of TWO! the other one stays in the pantry ( and is twice the size of that one) where i put toys that are interactive, need to be played with while i am there to monitor or ones that i can rotate in and out of commission for the boys.

Thanks for the support. The two kitties who are still here with me are loved members of my family and the two who have passed on were very loved and still very missed.

Emilie

15. Peggy

Peggy Senior Member

I loved the cats, have a soft spot for Maine Coons, I have one myself. And he's the 4th Maine Coon we've owned.

I understand about not sharing photos here. I won't share photos on this site myself. The comments that might be made is only one of the reasons.

Peggy

16. Cheetah

Cheetah Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

My Pack. Shippo, Eevee, and Faye
    [​IMG]

Eevee is going to be 13 years old next month. I adopted her from a local shelter when she was 8 months old. =)
    [​IMG]

Faye is a recent addition. When I was still stuck in Idaho with my (now) ex boyfriend, she was born outside on the concrete with her other two littermates, to a barn cat who was just being called "Momma Cat." Technically, the cats belonged to Blake's family, and they didn't really care for them (only had them around to catch mice), but I did my best to care for the kittens and ensure their survival until I was able to take two of them with me when I moved.

Momma Cat hated being indoors, so I could not for the life of me get her to keep her kittens inside. Plus, Blake's family kept letting her back out again, and as it wasn't my house, I had zero control of that, and the family hassled me the entire time for "interfering with nature."

Faye and one of her littermates struggled with Upper Respiratory Infection and eye infections related to that for some time, until I was able to have it treated by a vet.

Finally, I was able to move away to a better situation and take Faye and her brother, Wash (renamed Bonzai by his new family), with me. Faye now lives with me as an inside kitty, and has developed into the sweetest cat I've ever had.
    [​IMG]

Faye as a tiny thing.
    [​IMG]

What I wake up to each morning...
    [​IMG]

17. Sandygirl

Sandygirl Senior Member

I think Michael is referring to the interesting pics f Dillys' cats. I took it as a joke.

My boy Finley.
    Sandy

Attached Files:

18. froggieb

froggieb Member

Dash and Comet during a nice game of fetch in my antique mall.

[​IMG]

I love seeing everyone's pets!

19. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

Who hates cats - not me. I hate what cats do to the environment - especially to the bird wildlife. But so do many thinking people and there are a growing amount of measures to combat the threat from cats. NZ has the highest number of cats in the world on a population ratio basis so I have neighbours, friends, relatives, family, organisations with cats; my parents had cats. It is difficult to ignore them. Cats usually like me - so my vibes towards them must be on-song. To me though, cats are not on the same level as dogs. I would say that most dog owners would have this contention.

Michael Romanos likes this

20. Dillydoodle

Interesting and telling comment.