Show all your pets

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Tesrey, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Cardiguy

Cardiguy Senior Member

Don't judge a cat by a dog's standard of behavior, cats and dogs are just different and that doesn't mean one is better than the other-just different.

2. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

I have never heard of a cat that can identify 1027 toys by name.

Michael Romanos likes this

3. Tesrey

Tesrey Senior Member

How magical that my reply to this garbage disappeared last night. How in the world did this happen???

Will he ban me if I say it again????

4. Dillydoodle

Dillydoodle Senior Member

I wish you would post again troy. i am so sick of finding posts disappearing constantly.

I am so tired of this guy. You are RUINING this site. You make this place so unpleasant to come . I want to chat with the NICE people here and I come here to this drivel. Cats are not dogs. If you expect a cat to be just like a dog, it would be like expecting a horse to act like a dolphin. Such an immature and ridiculous argument.

I think I should probably log off before I get any more ragey today.

Emilie

5. pat_m

pat_m Senior Member

Where did this info come from - Oh wait a minute you deleted the post. What an ....

6. Cardiguy

Cardiguy Senior Member

Only an African Grey parrot can do that and they can do it in alphabetic order if asked nicely.

7. Tesrey

Tesrey Senior Member

I started this thread as a way for everyone to post pictures of and or talk about pets. It was and still is meant to be a positive experience for everyone. I'm sure that we all didn't grow up with corgis and have stories to share.

I think that Michael must have been picked on as a kid and is getting back at the world in his old age via a keyboard. Nothing but negativity in almost everything he says.

Please ignore any further "less than nice" posts by him and continue this thread in the spirit it was created in.

A few pictures of my cats from the past. Sorry for the bad quality, these are scans of old photos taken with a cheap film camera.

Our two cats that I spoke of early on in this thread. The black one was a male (nudge) and the other female (shanda). We got them both from a local pet store as kittens.

[​IMG]

Nudge was the most athletic cat that I've ever seen. There was nothing he couldn't climb. For 10 years of his life he was an outside cat (in California) and he would be anywhere and everywhere. I saw him jump from the roof of the house to the ground many times.

One of his crazy hangout spots on top of the shower.
    [​IMG]

A nicer picture of him.

[​IMG]

Our current kitty (socks) with smokey.

[​IMG]

8. Peggy

Peggy Senior Member

I love the one of him perched on the shower door!!

Peggy

9. Dillydoodle

Wow nudge was one heck of a climber. He sounds like my Clinton. That at could climb anything. He would occasionally sit on the top of the kitchen cabinets and watch his kingdom below.

I love the photos - I have never owned a black cat but love love love them. There is something so magical about them. The photo of nudge on the shower door is great. I can't believe he liked being up there.. Looks uncomfortable lol.

The photo of socks and smokey together is a good one. It is nice that they get along.

Emilie

10. Michael Romanos

To CardiG, Pat, Peggy and Tes. Wrong again.

A Border Collie can currently identify each of 1027 toys. You ask him to go and get a certain toy by the nickname it is given and among a jumble of over 1000 toys he will bring you the correct toy. In fact he can memorise the name of a toy in just a minute. Perhaps by now he is up to 1050. No parrot can do this nor probably any other animal and it would take an exceptional human - perhaps one in six billion to memorise the names of 1000 toys and correctly identify each one.

Michael Romanos likes this

11. Peggy

Peggy Senior Member

Whoa Nellie!!! How did I get into this? All I said was that I liked the cat perched on the shower door.

Don't include me in your arguments when I didn't say one word about whatever you were talking about. We argue enough as is. I don't need to be dragged in when I haven't even commented on what you said!!

Peggy

12. LaRogue

LaRogue Senior Member

It seems even personal "likes" are being critized.

Apparently that little factoid was copied from World Smartest Dog? A New NOVA Special Shows a Border Collie That Can Identify More Than 1,000 Items - ABC News or similar. It's on a few different sites, so who knows. Funny, I was taught (very strictly, I might add) one has to included the reference, when citing the work of others.

13. Peggy

Peggy Senior Member

So now one can't even like someone else's comment? That doesn't mean I want to be part of the argument. Sheesh, I didn't even see the comment that got deleted, so made no comments.

I liked that an African Grey parrot could name his toys and alphabetically if asked. I've seen that on tv at one time. Never seen the Border Collie, although I did see where a dog (not even sure of the breed) could recognize and find many of his toys by name. Wasn't anywhere near the numbers mentioned here. I'm if one took the time they could teach their dogs to do this. Time being the keyword here.

Me too, me too....

Peggy

14. LaRogue

LaRogue Senior Member

I try not to try to make sense of the senseless any more. :lol:

There are 2 other BCs, who were featured by National Geographic. Animal Minds - National Geographic Magazine Those were the ones I thought was being referred to, originally, but seems not.
    I agree. I think many dog breeds could be taught a lot in 4-5 hours a day, controlled conditions.

I watch those amazing animal shows all the time and find them fascinating.

15. LaRogue

LaRogue Senior Member

Troy-for you since things have gotten a bit off topic...I didn't know you were asking about past pets. All I have on my computer are pictures of Pip and Jester, my last corgi who passed in 2005. I'll revisit this post, once it warms up (it's REALLY COLD here, right now) and better conditions for me to go outside and drag all my stuff out of storage room to get my old photo albums. Pip you know, but here is a pic of puppy and big boy Jester.

Attached Files:

16. Peggy

Peggy Senior Member

I know, but sometimes I'm still blindsided!!

They could be, but I for one don't have that kind of time.

I see them from time to time, some of them not the first time around, and wow, what animals can do. They are amazing!!!

Peggy

17. Michael Romanos

Peggy - you are falling over your own petard -just as I thought. You surely cannot 'like' something such as a comment that is made and then cry wolf ie not also take ownership of it.

18. Dillydoodle

Just stop it already, Michael. Your comments are completely off base and unappreciated. Either participate with photos of your past pets and play nice with others or just Be quiet already. ( see, I didn't tell you to shut up this time, so I am being nice...)

On to more important business.. Jester was a cutie. I have never seen the second photo of him before.. Such a handsome guy.

Emilie

19. Tesrey

Tesrey Senior Member

I wasn't initially, but after Emilie put up some pictures it looked like a good idea. That and my attempt to get this back on track and not and argument fest for Michael.

20. pat_m

pat_m Senior Member

I'll give you credit for at least trying. It's amazing how one individual can take a thread and completly alter it orginal intentions..