Thoroughly check your groomer

Discussion in 'Grooming & Care' started by Kevan h, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Kevan h

Kevan h Senior Member

2. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

I always promote owners grooming and bathing their own dogs.

Michael Romanos likes this

3. Kevan h

Kevan h Senior Member

Yes, I would also promote owners doing their own grooming etc. however ,the reality is some people have to entrust their pups to a groomer,research,research.

4. Michael Romanos

Some people Kevan, can't be bothered brushing and combing and bathing their Corgis and trimming the hairs around their Corgis pads. Generally speaking a Corgi only needs two-four baths a year.

ichael Romanos likes this

5. Cardiguy

Cardiguy Senior Member

That is a very disturbing video. Especially when the dog just sits there holding out its paw.

That employee should be fired and face disciplanary action, and if other instances can be proven, action should be taken against the owner.

6. Frodo's Mom

Frodo's Mom Senior Member

I can't believe what I saw. I looked up info on the daycare. The owners defended the groomers actions! Glad to see all info on them indicates they have shut down now. The internet is a powerful tool. Kudo's to the employee that took action on this. She is a hero in my eyes.

7. Bonesthecorgi

Bonesthecorgi Junior Member

How disturbing and terrifying!!!

We comb, bathe, brush teeth, and clean ears - it's a great way to bond with our puppy. We've tried clipping his nails but he screams bloody murder and I dont want him associating that with us or to stop trusting us, so we'll be taking him to a trusted family owned store to get his nails trimmed, but we will be there with him the entire time.

If people need to get a license to be a manicurist, groomers should be required to be licensed too.

8. Michael Romanos

007 was licensed to kill.