Treat thief

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Finley, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Finley

Finley Member

I've been putting treats in my sweatshirt/hoodie/jacket thing's pocket for finley. I had some left over in the pocket when we came back in last time. Put the jacket on the chair and the next time i went outside with Finley and went to give him a treat, the pocket was empty, wet, and had 2 holes...

:mad:

2. Gally

Gally Senior Member

I bet he thought your jacket was a great treat dispensing toy.

3. Finley

Finley Member

i wouldn't have been so mad had he just stolen the treats out of the pocket, but he had to chew holes in it...grr....

4. Dillydoodle

Dillydoodle Senior Member

Oh my...well it was a learning lesson....I mean, you won't do that again, right? Lol. I have a treat bag that I hang on a hook high up and inaccessible to the corgis, I take it with me on walks and keep poop bags and cookies , that way i can keep treats out of my pockets, mostly so I don't end up in your situation .

Emilie

5. truman

truman Senior Member

well you learned two things...don't keep treats where you don't want Finley to get them, and hang up your jacket ;)
    Sorry...couldn't resist. It's the mother in me who constantly nags my 15 year old daughter to put her jacket / book bag ,you name it away :D

6. Finley

Finley Member

It was hanging on the back of the chair, the pockets hang down low enough for him to reach.

7. truman

truman Senior Member

:search:

My comment really was tongue in cheek , which doesn't always translate on line

8. Kevan h

Kevan h Senior Member

Yep , a person has to learn to keep things out of their reach, Benson is very good at figuring out ways to get to things.just after Christmas he figured out how to get to the "trail mix " that was kept in a Tupperware bowl at the very back of the kitchen cabinet. My wife had gotten home and found the oven door open and the Tupperware bowl on the floor open and empty,we surmised that he pulled on the tea towel hung on the oven door handle until the door opened, then jumped onto the oven door and from there he could reach his desired goal! We moved the bowl into the cupboard where the dog food is kept, well last night my wife got home and found that Ben had figured out how to open the closet door,he had gorged himself on Abbie's prescription food,all food is now kept in the basement,(until he figures that door out!)

9. chrismunkrn

chrismunkrn Senior Member

Sooner, who normally doesn't chew things...chewed a Flyers hat, after he ripped off the wrapping, it was under the Christmas tree...and ripped a ten dollar bill into 6 pieces, not ate it mind you, just ripped it. Of note, there was a one dollar bill and a ten..he only tore up the ten!

10. glencorgi

glencorgi Senior Member

Welcome to the club!

says Debbie a bit sheepishly

PS: and don't forget your pants pockets