Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Louwants, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Louwants

Louwants Senior Member

Seems that no one shows up anymore. Are they like me and find it hard navigating through this new setup?

2. wuzzup

wuzzup Senior Member

Yes, I agree. The changes made to this site are awful. That's part of the problem.
    Let's come up with a few new discussions that may interest other Corgi owners to participate. Meanwhile, the site developers may consider returning to the old format so they can make improvements to this new one.

3. Michael Romanos

Michael Romanos Active Member Staff Member Moderator

Hi LA and Wuzz

I have told the owner that some of the recent innovations are excellent but that two aspects stand out - and I can now add a third - as being a big negative.

These are: the shift of "recent posts" to that of "recent topics" on the far right side of the home page because this under "recent posts" had presented an immediate and impacted focus on current threads and posts. The other I pointed out was the doing away with random Corgi photos which I believe set this site apart from others and presented a real interest and excitement to Corgi confirmed/potential owners/lovers.

The third negative i have since discovered is that of the "search" which is now almost a dead duck. For example I have new info of benadryl and a new drug much better for relieving itchiness caused by allergies but if I do a search for benadryl which i and others have posted about there is now no response because that name was not the actual title of the thread.

However if you two post ,and start threads which both of you very seldom ever do being more reactionary than pro-active, we might build on that

4. Michael Romanos

Have received a response from the Canadian-domiciled owner and he says that the softwear developers had to upgrade the site to get rid of the scammers who were wrecking the site (and were too many for me to handle) and that when things settle down some of the former features will be restored.

5. wuzzup

wuzzup Senior Member

That makes sense. I'm glad they're aware of the reaction members are having towards the new site and are planning adjustments, soon. I'm not too concerned about this lull in interest. My wife took one of our pems to Corgi Beach Day in Long Beach, CA, today, and the scene was wild. SoCallers love their Corgis.

6. Michael Romanos

In some countries notable for Corgis, the Corgi population has been depleted (such as Britain, NZ, Australia). Some countries Corgis have never got started and in some other countries there have never been so many Corgis.

So there is a mix outlook on the Corgi but undoubtedly Corgis as a small dog are losing out to the small low-shedder breeds and small designer mixed-bred dogs with the emphasis overall these days in almost all countries on the smaller compact type dog especially in those countries and cities with an abundance of apartments and the like.